Eddie Van Halen broke his long silence last week by posting a message to fans on Van Halen�s official website. Eddie told fans that he has received a clean bill of health and is ready to start playing music again.
Two years ago Eddie Van Halen had a cancerous growth removed from his tongue.
"I know I promised I'd get back to you and I'm sorry for the delay but I wanted to let you all know that I've just gotten a 100% clean bill of health - from head to toe," said Van Halen in his online posting. "I wanted to share the good news with you immediately. And of course, I thank you all for all your good wishes and prayers along the way. Now it's time to really get back to the music and fun... So party on and you'll be hearing from us very soon. All my love, Eddie."
What direction Van Halen will take vocally is still very much up in the air. Rumors that original frontman David Lee Roth will return to the group, have been rampant, but so far the Van Halen camp has remained silent on the issue. Roth is planning to join his Van Halen replacement Sammy Hagar for a co-headlining North American tour this summer.
The Blues: Corky Siegel - Symphonic Blues No. 6
Quick Flicks: The Million Eyes of Sumuru
Bob James & Dave Koz - Just Us
Iron Maiden Offshoot British Lion Announce UK And European Tours
Danko Jones Offer Up 'What You Need'
Bleed From Within Celebrate Zenith Release With 'Violent Nature' Visualizer
Singled Out: kylekelly's it always ends the same
Watch Jelly Roll Jam 'Tuesday's Gone' With Lynyrd Skynyrd
Metallica's 'Master Of Puppets' Joins Billions Club
Bruce Springsteen Releasing 7 Previously Unheard Albums
Modest Mouse Presents Ice Cream Floats To Set Sail